With more than 20,000 members, Ory is the leading open-source authentication identity management, account registration, login and authorization ecosystem and community in the world. Ory’s flagship zero trust network “Ory Network” is a global, scalable and secure platform for managing identities and its distribution across various internet services including IoT and emerging Fintech systems. Ory is a modern software start-up founded in 2019 that promotes an open, diverse, and collaborative working culture.
You will work with an international community of developers, help solve their problems and grow the Ory movement.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Remote (Timezone CET ± 3H) / Munich, Germany
- Components: Ory Open Source, Slack, Socials
- Collaborate with an international, remote-first, and distributed team of open source enthusiasts.
- Create content for the Ory Community that engages, educates and inspires developers (e.g. blog posts, tutorials, videos, presentations, live streams, sample code, demo apps courses, demo apps).
- Propose and create content on developer topics that you’re passionate about (with no limits as long as it excites you and would excite other developers).
- Attend and speak at events like conferences, meetups or hackathons (online or in-person, if Covid regulations permit).
- Engage with our community both in-person and online (e.g. via GitHub and Slack) to understand user needs and generate insights on how to improve Ory’s developer experience.
- Collaborate with Ory product managers, engineers, and marketers to improve developer experience, dream up great content ideas, and coordinate events (e.g. the Ory Summit 2022).
- Interest in a career in developer relations.
- Experience as a developer in a related WebDev/API/SaaS technology field.
- Experience with publishing content, either professionally or personally.
- Social and public speaking skills (e.g. at meetups or developer conferences).
- Facility with words, writing, and general communication, plus an ability to explain technical concepts to audiences of varying technical expertise.
- Empathy and enthusiasm for community building.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the requirements - there is always an opportunity to learn on the job.
Ory is an engineering company with a high degree of freedom and autonomy. You will be working with experienced, helpful, and talented peers who all share a deep passion for software.
Ory is just starting and there are countless opportunities and constant work in progress. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, transparency, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
We are looking for people with passion, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience does not precisely match the job description. Your skills and curiosity will stand out and set you apart.
Interested? Drop us a short introductory email to [email protected] and please make sure to include a link to your GitHub profile.