Frontend Software Engineer
We believe that today's "digital identity" is fundamentally flawed. There are too many profiles, registration screens, passwords, privacy violations, data leaks, phishing attacks, and data mining operations out there. Our vision is to make the internet more secure and private with better software, open-source, and open knowledge.
Ory is the largest open-source authentication and authorization (login, registration, MFA, permissions, OAuth2, ...) ecosystem and community in the world. We develop open-source software and use it to build a scalable, easy-to-use, and secure cloud platform. You will work on one of the industry's most important code-bases, having a positive impact on hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
- Position type: Full Time
- Location: Munich, Germany / Remote (Timezone CET ± 3H)
- Components: Ory Cloud Console, Ory Website
What You'll Do
- Design and implement simple intuitive user interfaces in partnership with designers.
- Write code for web-based applications, create fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications and develop prototypes.
- Optimize web applications to maximize speed, scale and support diverse clients and devices.
- Write documentation in code and for new user-facing features.
- Build libraries and frameworks to support web applications.
- Engage with back-end systems via APIs.
We’re looking for someone who has
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with web design and the fundamentals of user experience.
- Interest in the latest web standards and technologies.
What’s it like to work at Ory?
Ory is an engineering company with a high degree of freedom and autonomy. You will be working with experienced, helpful, and talented peers who all share a deep passion for software.
Ory is just starting and there are countless opportunities and constant work in progress. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, transparency, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
We are looking for people with passion, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience does not precisely match the job description. Your skills and curiosity will stand out and set you apart.
Interested? Drop us a short introductory email to email@example.com and please make sure to include a link to your GitHub profile.