Full-Stack Software Engineer
We believe that today's "digital identity" is fundamentally flawed. There are too many profiles, registration screens, passwords, privacy violations, data leaks, phishing attacks, and data mining operations out there. Our vision is to make the internet more secure and private with better software, open-source, and open knowledge.
Ory is the largest open-source authentication and authorization (login, registration, MFA, permissions, OAuth2, ...) ecosystem and community in the world. We develop open-source software and use it to build a scalable, easy-to-use, and secure cloud platform. You will work on one of the industry's most important code-bases, having a positive impact on hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
- Position type: Full Time
- Location: Munich, Germany / Remote (Timezone CET ± 3H)
- Components: Ory Cloud Console, Ory Open Source
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain production code for Ory Cloud and Ory Open Source, creating fast, easy-to-use, high volume production applications, and develop prototypes.
- Collaborate with the Ory Open Source community to build and expand the Ory Open Source ecosystem.
- Devise innovative ideas for solving Ory Cloud customer problems and translate these ideas into technical designs.
- Provide technical leadership and solve end-to-end problems, for instance, software design, efficient implementation, and product offering.
- Write documentation in code and for new user-facing features.
- Mentor more junior Software Engineers.
We’re looking for someone who has
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience architecting and developing solutions to ambiguous problems.
- Experience working with Kubernetes and other Cloud IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS products
- Interest in the latest web standards and technologies.
What’s it like to work at Ory?
Ory is an engineering company with a high degree of freedom and autonomy. You will be working with experienced, helpful, and talented peers who all share a deep passion for software.
Ory is just starting and there are countless opportunities and constant work in progress. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, transparency, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
We are looking for people with passion, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience does not precisely match the job description. Your skills and curiosity will stand out and set you apart.
Interested? Drop us a short introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please make sure to include a link to your GitHub profile.