We believe that today's "digital identity" is fundamentally flawed. There are too many profiles, registration screens, passwords, privacy violations, data leaks, phishing attacks, and data mining operations out there. Our vision is to make the internet more secure and private with better software, open-source, and open knowledge. Ory is the largest open-source authentication and authorization (login, registration, MFA, permissions, OAuth2,...) ecosystem and community in the world. We develop open-source software and use it to build a scalable, easy-to-use, and secure cloud platform.
In this role you will use your passion for open source to maintain Ory SDKs, with a focus on the OpenAPI Generator, as it provides SDKs that are integral to Ory’s identity management infrastructure. Since we provide SDKs for all common programming languages, being a polyglot is essential for this role.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Remote (Timezone CET ± 3H) / Munich, Germany
- Components: Ory Open Source, GitHub
- Design, build and maintain production code for Ory SDKs, with a strong initial focus on the OpenAPI generator project.
- Collaborate with the Ory Open Source community to build and expand the Ory Open Source ecosystem.
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador for Ory products in the open source community.
- Provide technical leadership and solve end-to-end problems (e.g., software design, efficient implementation, and product offering).
- Write documentation in code.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- A high level of expertise with Java, the foundation of the OpenAPI Generator.
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt new languages (e.g. Rust).
- Enthusiasm for OSS and desire to maintain a large project like OpenAPI Generator.
- The ability to write excellent developer documentation.
- Interest in the latest web standards and technologies.
Ory is an engineering company with a high degree of freedom and autonomy. You will be working with experienced, helpful, and talented peers who all share a deep passion for software.
Ory is just starting and there are countless opportunities and constant work in progress. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, transparency, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
We are looking for people with passion, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience does not precisely match the job description. Your skills and curiosity will stand out and set you apart.
Interested? Drop us a short introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please make sure to include a link to your GitHub profile.