We believe that today's "digital identity" is fundamentally flawed. There are too many profiles, registration screens, passwords, privacy violations, data leaks, phishing attacks, and data mining operations out there. Our vision is to make the internet more secure and private with better software, open-source, and open knowledge. Ory is the largest open-source authentication and authorization (login, registration, MFA, permissions, OAuth2,...) ecosystem and community in the world. We develop open-source software and use it to build a scalable, easy-to-use, and secure cloud platform.
The UX Designer will join the Ory Creative team, collaborating with Engineering and Product Management to implement design solutions for Ory products. You will play a key role in communicating Ory’s values (i.e. transparency, usability, and simplicity) through product design choices.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Location: Munich, Germany
- Components: Ory Cloud, Ory Open Source, GitHub, Figma
- Educate the engineering team on user needs and desires, facilitating their ability to create a delightful, smooth experience for Ory product users.
- Shape and communicate the Ory brand, prioritizing brand cohesiveness, transparent communication, usability, and simplicity.
- Collaborate across departments - especially with the engineering and product management teams - to understand UX goals and integrate them into product design.
- Iterate on the design process via regular design reviews amongst colleagues.
- Conduct continuous research to figure out how to meet evolving user needs.
- Use graphic and prototyping tools to communicate your ideas (e.g. for new features).
- Help build the Ory Creative team, establishing a company culture that values design principles and communicates them in all that we do (design, engineering, marketing, etc.).
- A knack for solving complex design problems and an eye for beautiful form and function.
- Experience designing SaaS, cloud, or B2B products.
- An existing portfolio demonstrating excellent UX design skills.
- Fluency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment where cross-departmental collaboration is frequent.
- A commitment to constantly researching and improving user experience with innovative solutions.
- Fluency in English and excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills.
Ory is an engineering company with a high degree of freedom and autonomy. You will be working with experienced, helpful, and talented peers who all share a deep passion for software.
Ory is just starting and there are countless opportunities and constant work in progress. We support each other in our curiosity and creativity which we pursue through thoughtful discussion, transparency, and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues. We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well.
We are looking for people with passion, curiosity, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience does not precisely match the job description. Your skills and curiosity will stand out and set you apart.
Interested? Drop us a short introductory email to email@example.com and please make sure to include a link to your GitHub profile.